Water & Resource Initiatives
A comprehensive guide to water and resource issues CBIA is tracking.
The Delta Stewardship Council is charged with protecting the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta and the critical role it serves in the water supply for millions of Californians and its unique ecosystem and way of life.
The mission of the Delta Protection Commission is to adaptively protect, maintain, and where possible, enhance and restore the overall quality of the Delta environment consistent with the Delta Protection Act, and the Land Use and Resource Management Plan for the Primary Zone.
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife
- California Water Commission
- Areas of Special Biological Significance
- Bay-Delta Conservation Plan - A committee consisting of state and local agencies, environmental organizations and other interested parties are compiling the Bay-Delta Conservation Plan to identify water flow and habitat restoration in the Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta.
- California Water Plan Update
- FloodSAFE California
- Central Valley Flood Protection Board (CVFPB)
- State Lands Commission
- California Climate Adaptation Strategy
- California Public Utilities Commission Water Action Plan (PDF) - The purpose of the Water Action Plan is to have a set of regulations for investor-owned water utilities and to create policy objectives for the regulation of utilities.
Actions to Implement New Water Use Efficiency Standards
- Department of Water Resources:
Recommendations on Outdoor and Indoor Residential Use Standard, Update UWMP Guidebook and Templates for New Water Shortage Contingency Planning
- State Water Resources Control Board: Adoption of Outdoor Residential Use Standard
- Sacramento NPDES Permit
- Central Coast Regional Water Quality Control Board (LID)
- LA Regional Water Quality Control Board
- Central Valley Flood Protection Board
- Colorado River Board
- Regional Water Quality Control Plans (Basin Plans)