CBIA’s advocacy team strategically focuses its efforts to defeat hostile legislation while advancing legislation beneficial to the industry in order to have the ability to build Housing for All.
CBIA reviews hundreds of housing bills each legislative session. In 2018 CBIA introduced the Housing Killers and Housing Creators, which has had great success due to the magnitude of California’s current housing crisis.
Issues of Importance to CBIA
- Build build build. It is extremely important to build all types of housing for all different types of people.
- Streamline housing projects to help increase supply as a faster pace.
- Legislature – DO NO HARM – do not pass any bad bills that will hurt housing.
More specifically, CBIA engages on a number of key policy areas as directed by the Government Affairs Committee including, but not limited to, the following:
- Land use
- Building and energy codes
- Climate change
- School facilities
- Housing affordability
- Environmental regulations